After soaking we drained the rice and sat that out to let it dry.
After it had dried we went in search of the glue only to be unable to find it. This drove me crazy, but I still forget to buy any when I went to the store. Fast forward to later that week when I accidentally found the glue in the box where I looked earlier. I still haven't found the glue stick though.
So I set Jack back up at the table, this time with heavy paper (I used the back side of some watercolor paper), the rice, glue and a paintbrush. The only suggestions I gave him were to keep in mind that lots of glue meant longer drying times and that he couldn't glue the paintbrush to the paper.
and the finished product
Next post: I won a blogging award! Ava is awake so I will post that later. :)